CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Gone...and probably forgotten!

I came to visit my blog today...had not realized it had been SO long since I posted....I've missed us! LOL.
Spent most of December in Hawaii with my kids (they moved to Oahu). The picture is of me and Keiki-lani sitting on old lava flow at the volcano on the Big Island. We were there for a week. What a wonderful vacation...Russ and I agreed it was the best ever!! It was so great to see the kids and catch up on their lives. Keiki has grown so very much and is almost 5'10" tall!! She is beautiful...so very alive and smart.
Russ and I have decided on a 5 year plan to retire to live in Kona on the Big Island. We are paying off all bills and will sell the house and most of the furnishings and buy a place there...it is time to think of us and where we want to live out our golden years...hopefully that doesn't mean we will just pee our pants...lol.
Quilting....haven't done a whole lot since returning home...finished binding these 2 quilts for my sis:


Francie makes the cutest quilts...just happy quilts! The large one is for my grandaughter Rheaya Anne and the small one is for Rheaya and/or Malia (Francie's grandaughter) to use for their nap times.
I am going to finish up a birthday block for Gayle on Loose Threads today and will then work on putting together blocks for my sister for a quilt from the Loose Threads ladies. Been sitting on this WAAAAY too long...lol.
Russ and I bought all kinds of junk food yesterday so we can watch the Super Bowl, I can sew and we can graze all day and evening. Have a great day...I promise to be back more often now!

4 comments:

SandyQuilts

I hope you can move sooner than 5yrs. Next time hop over to Kauai and visit with Lisa Boyer
http://lisaboyer.blogspot.com/

Linda

Welcome back. It looks like you had a good time. I've been wondering where/how you were. It's good to see you. Your granddaugther is beautiful and your quilts are cute....5 years is not very long, get busy girl.
Hugs, Linda

Dena

Good luck in your 5-year plan. I wish I was going with you. Francie did a spectacular job in her two quilts. I love her bright colors.

Judy D in WA

Yeah!!! I'm glad you're back, I've missed you! You get yourself all set up over there at Kona and I'll come mooch/visit you. I've only been once but I'd go again in a heart beat! Hugs to you and Francie and Deana!!!

(